FALL COLOURS IN BC
Sure, Eastern Canada gets all the credit when it comes to exploring the fall colours, but we’ll let you in on a little secret: You don’t have to venture beyond British Columbia to witness the trees and shrubbery turning brilliant shades of yellow, orange and red.Here’s a list of the places you can go to admire the beauty of fall in our province. You simply don’t want to miss this.
- Queen Elizabeth Park
- Van Dusen Botanical Gardens
- Memorial West Park in Dunbar
- Stanley Park
- Grouse Mountain
- Mt. Currie, Pemberton Valley
- From Merritt to Ashcroft
Take a moment and enjoy this beautiful weather by taking an outing with your family today!
KEEPING THE RAINY BLUES AWAY
It’s that time of year when the rain starts falling in BC. Fortunately, we have had great weather so far, but sooner or later, you know that it is coming! Many people in BC struggle with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Never worry, there are solutions other than a sunny vacation. The key, however, is starting early, BEFORE the rain comes our way. Here are some tips for you:
- Start taking Vitamin D supplements
- Purchase a light that simulates sunlight and use it daily
- Exercise regularly. Any form of exercise is known to combat the blues, you just have to do it!
- Watch what you eat: try foods that keep your glucose levels even so that you don’t have a spike in energy and then the inevitable crash