CHERRY BLOSSOMS GALORE
Finally! Things are in bloom here in the BC and we are able to enjoy the beauty of spring. There are so many places around here to enjoy the cherry blossoms. Here is a list of the best ones:
- Queen Elizabeth Park touts several varieties of cherry trees, which bloom at different intervals throughout early March and late April
- Stanley Park also has rows of blossoming trees near the formal rose garden and the Japanese Canadian WWI war memorial
- VanDusen Botanical Garden boasts more than 100 cherry trees, representing 24 varieties
- For a truly peaceful (and cultural) experience, make sure to visit the UBC Nitobe Memorial Garden, where you’ll find colourful cherry trees in a traditional Japanese garden setting
- Walk beneath a canopy of blooms at the downtown Burrard SkyTrain station, Vancouver City Hall and along Yew Street in Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighbourhood
THE BEST TIMES TO BUY OR SELL A HOUSE
Are you thinking of buying or selling a house? Here are some interesting facts about Real Estate that you might not have known about:
- The best day of the month to make an offer is the first Tuesday. Why? Because the homeowner has just written a mortgage cheque and is starting to wonder when his/her house will sell. They may be more willing to take a lower offer. Why Tuesday? Because that is exactly when the homeowner will start to worry about his/her home sale.
- The best time of the year to sell a house is spring. Taxes have just been submitted and buyers know what to expect to receive in refunds. Buyers are more willing to pay full price at this time. Also, every home looks more beautiful when the yard is in full bloom.
- The best day of the week to list your house for sale is Thursday. This way it is available for weekend showings and it is the hot new property on the market.
- The best time to buy is when it costs less to buy than to rent. Makes sense, right? The way to find out if you are ready to buy is to find a place for rent and a place for sale that are similar. Figure out what the mortgage payment would be on that property and see if the costs are close. If the cost of the mortgage payment is lower, don’t forget to add property taxes as well as savings for improvements. If the cost is still lower, then it is time to buy! It even makes sense if the cost is slightly higher, as this is an investment that you will make for your future.