MY RECENT ADVENTURESHere I am enjoying the summer weather with friends
THE PERFECT NEIGHBOURHOOD
Admit it, you probably aren’t in your “forever” home yet. You might have this vision of exactly what it will look like, or you might just have a hazy idea. With time, this dream home of yours will probably change based on how your lifestyle changes. Here are some tips to ensure that you purchase your dream home in the right place.
- Establish your priorities - Do you want land? Do you need a view? Do you want a large home? Do you want a fixer upper, or new?
- Schools matter – even if you are an empty nester or don’t have kids just yet, schools matter. The resale value on your home will be higher if the schools in the area have a good reputation.
- Transportation – How far are you willing to drive on a daily basis? You know that in BC commuting is a daily thing for many.
- Compare communities – narrow it down to a couple of neighbourhoods and visit often. On weekends, on weekdays, in the morning, in the evening… this will give you a better understanding of what it is really like.
- Ask me! You know I help people buy and sell all over, so I am familiar with many communities. If it’s somewhere new to me, I can find someone who can help you, too!
BABY, IT’S HOT OUT THERE!We are having one of the warmest summers BC has seen in years. How are you feeling about it? While most of us are basking in the sun and dreading the grey months ahead, remember that you have to stay safe! Enjoy that beautiful sunshine with caution. Here are some tips so that you can make the most of the heat wave:
- Stay hydrated – bring a water bottle with you ANYWHERE you go. This will prompt you to drink more.
- Keep cool – take showers, run with the kids through the sprinklers, turn on the fan, stay in the shade at the peak of the daily heat.
- Dress smart – wear loose, light-weight clothing that is breathable.
- Get everyone out of the car – never leave anyone in a parked car, not even with a cracked window open.
- Look out for others – check on your elderly neighbours or people who live alone. Make sure they are ok.
- Choose the best time - exercise in the early morning or late evening to avoid overheating.