GETTING BACK INTO THE ROUTINE
Kids are going back to school (soon, we hope!) and our lazy summer days are almost over. It’s time to get back into the routine, and that’s not always easy! Before our mornings and early evenings are dark again, here are some tips to get back into the swing of things:
- Set three goals you want to accomplish over the fall season. Whether they be fitness related or simply some things you want to accomplish around the house, having goals always drives us to get something accomplished in our down time, which keeps us motivated!
- With these goals in mind, start slow. You can’t accomplish them all at once, so make sure you give yourself time to make things happen. Otherwise you will feel defeated from day one.
- Plan a couple of catch-up days. Many times when we set goals, we have to clear out the cobwebs before we can even start to tackle them. Give yourself a few days to clear some things off of your to-do list that might stand in the way of your goals.
- Plan a couple of fun things for the fall. A few things to look forward to always help when you are back to the grind.
- Give yourself grace. It’s always a hard adjustment when you are setting new goals, so understand that you will not accomplish everything all at once!
- If you have kids, have them set goals, too. It’s great to work together as a family towards a common objective.
PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR FALL
I know, I know… none of us are quite ready to hear that fall is on it’s way. We have had a beautiful summer in BC! But the reality is that it will come whether we are ready for it or not. I thought I would help you out by giving you a few reminders of things to take care of around the house before the seasons change:
- Inspect and clean your gutters and downspouts BEFORE the rainy season begins.
- Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors.
- Inspect your room for damaged shingles, leaky vents or corroded flashing.
- Repair damaged steps on decks.
- Clean or replace furnace filters.
- Check your wood-burning fireplaces to see if they need a professional cleaning.
- Check your gas fireplaces to make sure that they are still working properly.
- Test all smoke detectors and CO monitors.
- And most of all, enjoy the beautiful and crisp fall weather!
June 11-Sept. 20, 2014
Shoreline Park - Noons Creek Hatchery, Port Moody
Saturday, Sep. 20, 2014
Old Ioco Lawn Bowling Green, Port Moody
Sunday, Oct. 5, 2014