TOO MUCH TO DO?
Inevitably, when the holiday season begins every year, we all start feeling a bit too busy. Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, our schedules seem to get a fuller and we struggle to juggle all of the balls in the air.Here are some tips I’ve picked up that I thought you might find helpful:
- Establish the things you have control over – You can decide when to turn off your phone each night, what to eat, what TV shows to fit in, when to go to bed… etc
- Prioritize those things – What is actually getting you closer to reaching your goals? What is helping you relax? What is simply a waste of time?
- Set aside pieces of time that are non-negotiable – If you have a hard time saying no to things, put “down-time” events in your calendar ahead of time. This way they will be just as important as a client meeting and you won’t be as willing to move them around
- Understand that you aren’t super-human – We all have limitations. Make sure that you don’t fill your schedule so much that it is impossible to keep up with it. This will only cause you to feel run down
Hope this helps and enjoy your fall season.
THINKING OF SELLING IN THE FALL?
If you want to sell in the next few months, don’t despair, it can be done! We all assume that summer is the peak time because people tend to move when school is out. However, there is a huge part of the population that isn’t affected by school schedules, such as empty nesters or millenials.Here are a few tips to make sure you catch their attention:
- Clean Up
- Make sure that all the leaves are raked up and that your bushes and trees are trimmed
- If you have places on your lawn where water builds up, fix the problem. Things like this always create a “flooding” fear
- Clean the fireplace and make sure it is in working order
- Get rid of knick knacks around the outside of your house (bikes, toys, etc)
- Make it Cozy
- If someone is coming by to have a look at your house, warm it up! A cold house can cause a terrible first impression
- Have all the lights on and the fireplace lit
- Put a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon in a dish in the oven and turn it on at 300 for twenty minutes before you leave the house. It will smell like fresh baking!
- Have music playing softly in the background for your potential buyers
- Make sure all of the blinds are open and the windows are clean
- Be Available
- Ideally, all buyers will want to see your house when it is convenient for you. However, you don’t necessarily want them through at night, when your house can seem dark. Be available for showings during the daytime to maximize how your home is perceived
- Last minute requests for showings are not unheard of. Make sure your home is ready to show on short notice. A tip? Go through each room in your house before you list it and make note of what you wouldn’t want to see if you were looking at the place for the first time. Then put all of that stuff in storage so that your home doesn’t feel cluttered too quickly
Various Locations, Burnaby
Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014
6450 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby
Nov. 19-22, 2014
Edmonds Community Centre, Burnaby
Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014