The following two unfenced, natural areas have been designated in the City as 'off leash' areas where dogs are allowed off leash:
- South end of Hugh Street (behind the 7-11)
- East/West connector right of way – Wide trail leading west from Heritage Mtn Blvd & David Avenue.
- North end of Westhill Park
- A fenced dog run is also located at Rocky Point Park, adjacent to Slaughterhouse Creek (can be accessed from Murray Street).
- All dogs using these areas are to be under the verbal control of their handlers.
- All dog handlers are responsible for clean-up of any dog waste created by their dog. Those who do not are subject to the appropriate penalties as detailed in Bylaw No. 1098 and Bylaw No. 1050.
The City of Port Moody has a number of on- and off-road bicycle routes. You can view the GVRD bicycle route maps here. Port Moody's Master Transportation Plan, which includes recommendations for bicycle lanes, routes and paths in the city is also available.