AUTUMN LANDSCAPING TIPS
Now is the time to prepare your yard so that you are guaranteed a great growing season next year. Here are some good tips for you to keep in mind:
- Cooling temperatures slow above ground growth and moist soil encourages strong root development. Remove spent stems, dead branches and heavy leaf cover to protect your plants.
- If you have rainfall pooling on your grass, it is time to aerate so that nutrients can reach the roots of your grass.
- Cut back on fertilizer so that your perennials don’t waste energy on leaf production.
- Disease has a harder time developing on shorter grass. Make sure your last cut of the season is extra short.
Every year, when fall rolls around, we all tend to get really busy. It’s the last quarter of the year and kids go back to school. Everything seems to compound into one busy and tiring quarter. This year, I challenge you to think of things a bit differently.Ask yourself these questions:
- What am I doing now that I want to be doing in five years?
- What are my priorities now and do I want them to be the same in five years?
- What will seems like just a bump in the road that is a big deal now?
- What are some changes I want to see in my life five years from today?
- Can I start making those changes now?